Quality Assurance Engineer - Toronto
About Home Experience
HomeX is building the future of Home Services.
Our unique service and technology platform has been engineered to make next generation experiences for both consumers and service providers come to life.
Reinventing our industry requires creating end to end solutions. This is why HomeX is combining a managed service network, a technology platform for providers and full service experiences for consumers. Together these efforts put us in a unique position to deliver differentiated, fresh, simple and highly personalized solutions making dream experiences come true.
Founded in 2016 by industry veterans and headquartered in Chicago, HomeX (Home Experience LLC) is determined to be a positive force and help the industry evolve from the inside creating, for the first time, value and magical experiences for customers and service providers nationwide.
About the Job
HomeX is seeking a rock-star Quality Assurance Engineer to join its Stability Team based our of our Toronto office. We take quality seriously, and would like someone with the same mentality and attention to detail to join our growing team. The role will focus on thinking through technically complex product features and designing quality test cases for these features, as a fast pace while maintaining a high standard of quality.
We are on a path for astronomical growth, making this a great place for ambitious people who want to grow quickly with us.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Crafting test scenarios for product features of both web and mobile applications
- Develop, document and maintain test plans, test cases, and other testing artifacts
- Work with testing frameworks to build automated test coverage
- Recognize defects, and their appropriate severity in both web and mobile applications.
- Determine the most efficient testing approach based on the application specifics
- Work closely with other team members
- Be an integral part of an elite, energetic team of Architects, Product Managers, Developers, Business Analysts where collaboration across all groups is integral to success
The right candidate for this role is always looking to push the envelope in creating differentiated experiences, while also being dedicated to operational excellence to ensure we can deliver. We’re looking for someone who can help us transform an industry.
- Energetic: Be able to understand the requirements of new features built by the Engineering team and test these features within the time frame of the sprint.
- Team-Oriented: You excel at collaborating with the Stability team, maintaining alignment with while supporting the wider Engineering team.
- Attention to Detail: You understand that Quality requires a keen eye and you notice defects that others would leave unnoticed.
- A Thought Leader: You bring unique industry experience to tackle testing complex product features.
- Startup Mentality: You thrive in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment where you balance multiple projects and can prioritize your work both short and long term.
- Driven: You are motivated to achieve success both at work and in your personal life.
- Forward-Thinking: You are constantly looking for new and better ways to do things. You also follow trends in the market with an interest in what might come next.
Proficiency in the following areas is desired:
- Knowledge of software quality and testing methodologies
- Experience with developing and completing testing plans
- Strong analytical skills and attention to details
- Experience in an Agile environment
- Experience with automated testing is a plus
- Great at troubleshooting and solving new issues
- Strong collaboration skills, whether working with backend developers, interaction designers, product managers, or architects
Why Work With Us?
How many chances will you get to impact an entire, massive industry by building something from the ground up? Working at HomeX means collaborating with experienced, people-first leaders with a clear vision and a track record of success, and the close-knit camaraderie of a team of highly talented and motivated coworkers. It also means working in a fun and positive working environment—we encourage our employees to balance productivity with the need to recharge the batteries. And of course, you get paid pretty well—we offer competitive compensation packages, including performance-based incentives and full health care benefits.
HomeX values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment. We thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.