MBA Intern - Strategy & Operations - Chicago
About Home Experience
HomeX is building the future of Home Services.
Our unique service and technology platform has been engineered to make next generation experiences for both consumers and service providers come to life.
Reinventing our industry requires creating end-to-end solutions. This is why HomeX is combining a managed service network, a technology platform for providers and full service experiences for consumers. Together, these efforts put us in a unique position to deliver differentiated, fresh, simple and highly personalized solutions making dream experiences come true.
Founded in 2016 by industry veterans and headquartered in Chicago, HomeX (Home Experience LLC) is determined to be a positive force and help the industry evolve from the inside, creating, for the first time, value and magical experiences for customers and service providers nationwide.
About the Job
HomeX is seeking multi-faceted, customer-obsessed, analytical Strategy & Operations Interns to join the HomeX team based out of our Chicago HQ. Selected candidates will be matched with a number of high-profile projects across the company based on skills and interest.
Potential responsibilities include:
- Ideate: Partnering with cross-functional stakeholders to narrow in on the problems and solutions that will define HomeX in the market.
- Define: Craft concepts and validate through analytical thinking, justifying decisions through intuition and/or teeing up stimuli and hypothesis to validate via research.
- Build: HomeX is driven by data and insights.
- Launch: With business stakeholders, drive go-to-market strategy and bring products to life.
- Analyze: Leverage business case modeling, AB testing, and product and business analytics to deep dive into the performance of your projects and products, with an eye towards continuous improvement on key product and experience metrics.
- Voice of the Customer & Competitive Landscape: Establish a deep understanding of competitors, our customer and their needs, evolving your business intuition and the HomeX product the more you learn.
The right candidate for this role is always looking to push the envelope in creating differentiated experiences, while also being dedicated to operational excellence to ensure we can deliver. We’re looking for someone who can help us transform an industry.
- A Business Athlete: Be a jack-of-all trades who can inspire and work with cross-functional teams of PMs, engineers, analysts, and data scientists toward a common vision and roadmap.
- Empathetic: Be able to put yourself in the customer's’ shoes. Understanding their needs, mindset, and pain points is the foundation of creating a business that they will be happy to return to again and again.
- Team-Oriented: You excel at collaborating across the company, including with Product, Marketing, and Engineering teams as well as your fellow Business stakeholders.
- A Believer: You understand that technology can simplify, delight and enhance our lives and hope to build transformative innovation as part of your career.
- A Thought Leader: You bring unique experience to push our thinking and strive to be in the know of the latest and greatest tools of the trade.
- Startup Mentality: You thrive in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment where you balance multiple projects and can prioritize your work both short and long term.
- Driven: You are motivated to achieve success both at work and in your personal life.
- Forward-Thinking: You are constantly looking for new and better ways to do things. You also follow trends in the market with an interest in what might come next.
- Courageous: You think big and aren’t afraid to fail.
- Ability to complete 10 or 12 week summer internship based out of our Chicago office
- Currently enrolled in a Master’s degree program (MBA preferred)
- Professional track record with demonstrated value creation for customer/business
- Experience leading entrepreneurial efforts, collaborating with cross-functional teams and project management to drive ideas forward.
- A passion for the HomeX mission
Our Productivity Stack
Proficiency in the following technologies is desired:
- Microsoft Excel & Powerpoint
- G Suite
We are hiring for both school year (part time) and summer (full time) roles. Please specify whether you are applying for a school year or summer internship in your cover letter.
Why Work With Us?
How many chances will you get to impact an entire, massive industry by building something from the ground up? Working at HomeX means collaborating with experienced, people-first leaders with a clear vision and a track record of success, and the close-knit camaraderie of a team of highly talented and motivated coworkers. It also means working in a fun and positive working environment - we encourage our employees to balance productivity with the need to recharge the batteries. And of course, you get paid pretty well - we offer competitive compensation packages, including performance-based incentives and full health care benefits for full time employees.
HomeX values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible work environment. We thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted. If you request accommodation, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.