Senior Analyst - Business & Strategy - Chicago
About Home Experience
HomeX is building the future of Home Services.
Our unique service and technology platform has been engineered to make next generation experiences for both consumers and service providers come to life.
Reinventing our industry requires creating end-to-end solutions. This is why HomeX is combining a managed service network, a technology platform for providers and full service experiences for consumers. Together, these efforts put us in a unique position to deliver differentiated, fresh, simple and highly personalized solutions making dream experiences come true.
Founded in 2016 by industry veterans and headquartered in Chicago, HomeX (Home Experience LLC) is determined to be a positive force and help the industry evolve from the inside, creating, for the first time, value and magical experiences for customers and service providers nationwide.
About the Job
HomeX is seeking a business analyst to become a key member of our team with the desire to do more than just analyze data. At HomeX we believe decision making across the entire organization should be driven by data and as such we are seeking a business analyst that will collaborate directly with our cross-functional teams to drive key strategic initiatives.
- Champion: Build a metrics-driven culture within the Business organization to promote accountability and rigorous decision-making grounded in data
- Define: Co-lead the creation of company-wide KPI’s, goals, reporting cadences and tools
- Explore: Constantly look for trends and insights to identify future opportunities and provide direction for the overall business roadmap including operations, finance, pricing, marketing and product initiatives.
- Analyze: analyze financial information and provide analytical support to senior management. Excellent written and presentation skills to share insights and recommendations with senior executives.
- Collaborate: Be a key member of cross-functional teams to drive various strategic initiatives and present findings, recommendations and progress to senior management
- Execute: Partner with initiative owners on delivering new initiatives including defining success metrics, reporting tools, tracking and testing.
- Iterate: Deep dive into the performance of your projects with an eye towards continuous improvement.
- Voice of the Customer & Competitive Landscape: Establish a deep understanding of competitors, our customer and their needs, evolving your business intuition and the HomeX product the more you learn
The right candidate for this role is always looking to push the envelope in creating differentiated experiences, while also being dedicated to operational excellence to ensure we can deliver. We’re looking for someone who can help us transform an industry.
- Analyst Athlete: Be comfortable working across all different data types (financials, pricing, marketing, product, operations), data tools and cross-functional teams.
- Team-Oriented: You excel at collaborating across the company, including with Product, Marketing, and Operations teams as well as your fellow Business stakeholders.
- A Believer: You understand that technology can simplify, delight and enhance our lives and hope to build transformative innovation as part of your career.
- A Thought Leader: You bring unique experience to push our thinking and strive to be in the know of the latest and greatest tools of the trade.
- Startup Mentality: You thrive in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment where you balance multiple projects and can prioritize your work both short and long term.
- Self-starter: You thrive in an ambiguous environment where you have the power to establish your own timelines, process and project plans.
- Driven: You are motivated to achieve success both at work and in your personal life.
- Forward-Thinking: You are constantly looking for new and better ways to do things. You also follow trends in the market with an interest in what might come next.
- Courageous: You think big and aren’t afraid to fail.
- 3 to 5 years experience in a quantitative analysis role at a tech company and/or consulting firm
- Advanced analytics skills (bonus if you have Tableau and SQL experience)
- Strong project management skills and business acumen
- Experience leading entrepreneurial efforts, collaborating with cross-functional teams and project management to drive ideas forward.
- A passion for the HomeX mission
- Comfort and experience using SQL to extract and manipulate data, or with other programming or scripting languages such as R, Python, C++, etc.
Our Productivity Stack
Proficiency in the following technologies is desired:
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Excel & Powerpoint
- G Suite
Why Work With Us?
How many chances will you get to impact an entire, massive industry by building something from the ground up? Working at HomeX means collaborating with experienced, people-first leaders with a clear vision and a track record of success, and the close-knit camaraderie of a team of highly talented and motivated coworkers. It also means working in a fun and positive working environment - we encourage our employees to balance productivity with the need to recharge the batteries. And of course, you get paid pretty well - we offer competitive compensation packages, including performance-based incentives and full health care benefits for full time employees.
HomeX values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible work environment. We thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted. If you request accommodation, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.