Customer Service Specialist - Chicago
HomeX is building the future of Home Services.
Our unique service and technology platform has been engineered to make next generation experiences for both consumers and service providers come to life.
Reinventing our industry requires creating end to end solutions. This is why HomeX is combining a managed service network, a technology platform for providers and full service experiences for consumers. Together these efforts put us in a unique position to deliver differentiated, fresh, simple and highly personalized solutions making dream experiences come true.
Founded in 2016 by industry veterans and headquartered in Chicago, HomeX (Home Experience LLC) is determined to be a positive force and help the industry evolve from the inside creating, for the first time, value and magical experiences for customers and service providers nationwide.
About the Job
At HomeX, we use the term "Customer Solutions" because we believe "support" and "service" are only small pieces of what our customers really want: Solutions to their home service needs. HomeX is looking to hire Customer Solutions Specialists (Champions) who prides themselves on providing world-class customer experiences. As one of the founding members of our Customer Solutions team you will:
- Speak with customers via live chat, phone, and/or email channels and take ownership of their needs, managing them to completion.
- Educate customers about membership opportunities and benefits.
- Find creative solutions for customer issues, utilizing a network of service partners.
- Guide customers through potential solutions to find the best match for them. Book services and ensure completion/satisfaction.
- Build sustainable relationships and trust with customers through open and interactive communication.
- Meet targets with regard to contact rates, bookings, memberships and other key performance indicators.
- Be a fierce advocate for our members, keeping their best interest at the forefront of every interaction.
- Train and mentor new Customer Solutions team members, teaching others to be customer-centric and fiercely protective of our mission to deliver customer-centric home services solutions.
We provide 24/7 coverage and are hiring for all shifts :)
You love being the front-line contact and #1 problem solver for customers. You are able to quarterback issues from first interaction through to completion with style and grace. You are the customer's friend, mentor, liaison, information provider, appointment booker, and overall right hand for all their home needs.
You are customer-centric. You are patient, empathetic, and passionately communicative.
You are a problem-solver. You are confident at troubleshooting and investigating if you don’t have enough information.
You are a self-starter. You always want to go the extra mile to create the perfect member experience.
You can “roll with the punches.” You thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic atmosphere and have a strong intention to own and help define the member experience.
The Must Haves (in no specific order)
- Proven customer support experience, or experience as a client service representative
- Strong phone contact handling, active listening, live chat, and email contact handling skills are essential
- Familiarity with CRM systems and practices
- Customer oriented, with an ability to adapt and respond to different personalities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Completed 2+ years college or university (BA preferred)
*Bonus points if you have experience in the home services space.
Target Compensation: $20 / hour
Why work at HomeX?How many chances will you get to impact an entire, massive industry by building something from the ground up? Working at HomeX means collaborating with experienced, people-first leaders with a clear vision and a track record of success, and the close-knit camaraderie of a team of highly talented and motivated coworkers. It also means working in a fun and positive working environment—we encourage our employees to balance productivity with the need to recharge the batteries. And of course, you get paid pretty well—we offer competitive compensation packages, including performance-based incentives and full health care benefits.
PS: We also have part time roles available if that suits you better!