Creative + UX/UI Design Lead - Toronto
ABOUT HOME EXPERIENCE LLC
HomeX is building the future of Home Services.
Our unique service and technology platform has been engineered to make next generation experiences for both consumers and service providers come to life.
Reinventing our industry requires creating end to end solutions. This is why HomeX is combining a managed service network, a technology platform for providers and full service experiences for consumers. Together these efforts put us in a unique position to deliver differentiated, fresh, simple and highly personalized solutions making dream experiences come true.
Founded in 2016 by industry veterans and headquartered in Chicago, HomeX (Home Experience LLC) is determined to be a positive force and help the industry evolve from the inside creating, for the first time, value and magical experiences for customers and service providers nationwide.
ABOUT THE JOB
HomeX is seeking accomplished, extremely versatile, and customer-obsessed Design Leads to join the HomeX Product & Design teams based out of our Toronto, CA and Lancaster, PA offices. Your responsibilities will include initiatives in both the product development and marketing arenas. On the product side, you should be comfortable owning UX development, wireframing, storyboarding, prototyping, UI design and working within a design system that you will help create. On the marketing side, you’ll be tasked with helping to develop the creative necessary to drive adoption of the product, including web design, email, social media advertising, presentation materials, print collateral, trade show booth design, and video production.
- Ideation: Partner with product and business stakeholders to zero in on the problems and goals that will define HomeX in the market.
- UX Development: Create and work from user stories to map efficient, enjoyable customer journeys from problem to resolution.
- Validation: Use analytical thinking, best practices and research to justify decisions, then conduct user testing to validate solutions.
- UI Design: Translate UX concepts into beautiful, engaging and user-focused UI designs, working within a cohesive design system and collaborating with engineers to achieve fidelity to your vision.
- Go to Market: Collaborate on strategy with Marketing group, then lead the design of assets needed to drive customer engagement in the market—both for homeowners using HomeX and for contractors on the HomeX platform.
- Creative Leadership: While this is an individual contributor role with no direct reports, it is a senior-level role and you will be expected to inspire the Product & Design team to do their best work, while providing mentorship and maintaining consistency.
The right candidate for this role is always looking to push the envelope in creating differentiated experiences, while also being dedicated to operational excellence to ensure we can deliver. We’re looking for someone who can help us transform an industry.
- Well Rounded: Be a jack-of-all trades, capable of leading design efforts across many disciplines.
- Empathetic: Be able to put yourself in the end-users’ shoes. Understanding their needs, mindset and pain points is the foundation of creating a UX that they will be happy to return to again and again.
- Team-Oriented: You excel at collaborating across the company, including with Business, Marketing, and Engineering teams as well as your fellow Product Managers & Designers.
- A Believer: You understand that technology can simplify, delight and enhance our lives and hope to build transformative innovation as your career.
- Startup Mentality: You thrive in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment where you balance multiple projects and can prioritize your work both short and long term.
- Driven: You are motivated to achieve success both at work and in your personal life.
- Forward-Thinking: You are constantly looking for new and better ways to do things. You also follow trends in the market with an interest in what might come next.
- Courageous: You think big and aren’t afraid to fail.
OUR PRODUCTIVITY STACK
Proficiency in the following technologies is desired:
- Adobe Illustrator + Photoshop
- G Suite
Please submit a portfolio with your application.
WHY WORK WITH US?
How many chances will you get to impact an entire, massive industry by building something from the ground up? Working at HomeX means collaborating with experienced, people-first leaders with a clear vision and a track record of success, and the close-knit camaraderie of a team of highly talented and motivated coworkers. It also means working in a fun and positive working environment—we encourage our employees to balance productivity with the need to recharge the batteries. And of course, you get paid pretty well—we offer competitive compensation packages, including performance-based incentives and full health care benefits.
HomeX values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment. We thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.