MBA Intern - Product Management - Toronto
DescriptionABOUT HOME EXPERIENCE
HomeX is building the future of Home Services.
Our unique service and technology platform has been engineered to make next generation experiences for both consumers and service providers come to life.
Reinventing our industry requires creating end-to-end solutions. This is why HomeX is combining a managed service network, a technology platform for providers and full service experiences for consumers. Together, these efforts put us in a unique position to deliver differentiated, fresh, simple and highly personalized solutions making dream experiences come true.
Founded in 2016 by industry veterans and headquartered in Chicago, HomeX (Home Experience LLC) is determined to be a positive force and help the industry evolve from the inside, creating, for the first time, value and magical experiences for customers and service providers nationwide.
ABOUT THE JOB
HomeX is seeking multi-faceted, customer-obsessed, analytical Product Management MBA Interns to join the HomeX Product & Design team based out of Toronto, ON.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ideate: Partnering with design and business stakeholders to narrow in on the problems and goals that will define HomeX in the market.
- Design & Define: Craft concepts and validate through analytical thinking, justifying decisions through intuition and/or teeing up stimuli and hypothesis to validate via research.
- Execute: Work with the design and engineering teams to build intuitive and stable products by articulating use cases and user stories, and clearly communicate priorities..
- Launch: With business stakeholders, drive go-to-market strategy and new product launches from start to finish.
- Analyze: Leverage business case modeling, AB testing, and product and business analytics to deep dive into the performance of your products, with an eye towards continuous improvement on key product and experience metrics.
- Product Leadership: While this is an individual contributor role with no direct reports, you are expected to inspire the product & design team to do their best work and provide leadership and mentorship.
- Voice of the Customer: Establish a deep understanding of our customer and their needs, evolving your product intuition and the HomeX product the more you learn.
The right candidate for this role is always looking to push the envelope in creating differentiated experiences, while also being dedicated to operational excellence to ensure we can deliver. We’re looking for someone who can help us transform an industry.
- A PM Athlete: Be a jack-of-all trades who can inspire and lead cross-functional teams of creatives, engineers, analysts, and data scientists toward a common vision and roadmap.
- Empathetic: Be able to put yourself in the customer's’ shoes. Understanding their needs, mindset, and pain points is the foundation of creating a UX and a business that they will be happy to return to again and again.
- Team-Oriented: You excel at collaborating across the company, including with Business, Marketing, and Engineering teams as well as your fellow PMs and Designers.
- A Believer: You understand that technology can simplify, delight and enhance our lives and hope to build transformative innovation as your career.
- A Thought Leader: You bring unique industry experience to push our thinking and strive to be in the know of the latest and greatest tools of the trade.
- Startup Mentality: You thrive in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment where you balance multiple projects and can prioritize your work both short and long term.
- Driven: You are motivated to achieve success both at work and in your personal life.
- Forward-Thinking: You are constantly looking for new and better ways to do things. You also follow trends in the market with an interest in what might come next.
- Courageous: You think big and aren’t afraid to fail.
- Ability to complete 10 or 12 week summer internship based out of our Toronto office
- Currently enrolled in a Master’s degree program (MBA preferred)
- Professional track record with demonstrated value creation for customer/business
- Experience leading entrepreneurial efforts, collaborating with cross-functional teams and project management to drive ideas forward.
- A passion for the HomeX mission
- Experience in building consumer and/or B2B products
- Relevant experience in one of the following: User Experience/Design/Research, AI or industry knowledge of home services
Our Productivity Stack
Proficiency in the following technologies is desired:
- Pivotal Tracker
- Microsoft Excel & Powerpoint
- G Suite
Why Work With Us?
How many chances will you get to impact an entire, massive industry by building something from the ground up? Working at HomeX means collaborating with experienced, people-first leaders with a clear vision and a track record of success, and the close-knit camaraderie of a team of highly talented and motivated coworkers. It also means working in a fun and positive working environment - we encourage our employees to balance productivity with the need to recharge the batteries. And of course, you get paid pretty well - we offer competitive compensation packages, including performance-based incentives and full health care benefits for full time employees.
HomeX values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible work environment. We thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted. If you request accommodation, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.