MBA Intern - Mergers & Acquisitions - Chicago
HomeX is building the future of Home Services.
Our unique service and technology platform has been engineered to make next generation experiences for both consumers and service providers come to life.
Reinventing our industry requires creating end-to-end solutions. This is why HomeX is combining a managed service network, a technology platform for providers and full service experiences for consumers. Together, these efforts put us in a unique position to deliver differentiated, fresh, simple and highly personalized solutions making dream experiences come true.
Founded in 2016 by industry veterans and headquartered in Chicago, HomeX (Home Experience LLC) is determined to be a positive force and help the industry evolve from the inside, creating, for the first time, value and magical experiences for customers and service providers nationwide.
About the Job
As a M&A Intern, you'll have a chance to learn and work directly with our CEO and senior leaders on two current acquisitions as well as our first external capital raise. You will get to tackle challenges in four primary work streams that include:
- Financial and Strategic Due Diligence: Prepare in-depth analysis of target’s financial statements and business unit results. Conduct strategic, business, and market due diligence.
- Financial Analysis and Modeling: Build and run models for targets on a stand-alone basis and combined with HomeX. Participate in meetings with lenders.
- Consummate the transactions: Assist with legal, banking, HR and other areas critical to closing the transactions.
- 2019 External Capital Raise: Assist in preparing models and PowerPoint presentations which will enable HomeX to raise outside capital in 2019. Research potential investors and participate in presentations and capital raising activities.
- Second year top tier MBA program student; some schedule flexibility
- Previous employment in an investment bank and/or private equity firm
- Experience with both building financial models and due diligence
- A born entrepreneur, eager to roll up your sleeves and engage deeply with a small team in a fast-paced environment
- Driven: You are driven to achieve both personal and company success
- Innovative: You are constantly looking for new and better ways to do things
- Courageous: You aren’t afraid to fail, and you think big
- Collaborative: You effectively leverage the best of your team
- Results-Oriented: You've got your eye on the ball
We are hiring for both school year (part time) and summer (full time) roles. Please specify whether you are applying for a school year or summer internship in your cover letter.
Why work with us?
How many chances will you get to impact an entire, massive industry by building something from the ground up? Working at HomeX means collaborating with experienced, people-first leaders with a clear vision and a track record of success, and the close-knit camaraderie of a team of highly talented and motivated coworkers. It also means working in a fun and positive working environment - we encourage our employees to balance productivity with the need to recharge the batteries. And of course, you get paid pretty well - we offer competitive compensation packages, including performance-based incentives and full health care benefits for full time employees.
HomeX values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible work environment. We thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted. If you request accommodation, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.